26 May 2010

you know you need a new laptop when...


(( Pic unrelated , found on Gelbooru. ))

yeah , I have had a new computer since the laptop but since I've started watching anime on the laptop again on it. my main reasons for wanting a new laptop being ...

- When I watch anime on it video and audio timing goes out of sync alot of the time.
- it only has 40GB in total which was a fair amount when I bought it but now I only have like 2GB left on the thing and that includes me purging restore points using CCleaner regularly.
- A Firefox window and a MSN window open seems to demand like 70-80% of the CPU for some reason.
- Windows 7 has been out a while and my laptop can just about handle XP
- After defragging it 3 times using the MS DeFragger tool it still shows up as like 35% fragmented.
- A firefox process that wasn't even running in the foreground the other day zapped like 90% of the processing power and I had to shut it down manually using task manager.
- After a dodgy system restore a while back after the repair ppl finished with it the wireless card seemed to died and I had to download a seperate program to run it which take up precious processing power

but saying that I do like my laptop , I have spent alot of time on it the best part of 3/4 years I reckon and it has a really nice screen that shows up pictures and media really clearly (well media when it can synch with the audio). Also when I play Touhou on it the slowdown of the processor does help at times but I think that counts as cheating really lol.

oh well enough of me moaning , I should save some money and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment