23 May 2010

Why I think flash will be round for a long time to come.

I don't know if anyone else has been reading this whole apple vs adobe row with Apple claiming flash is dead a product of a bygone era ... maybe they haven't said that but I know they have been basically declaring war on flash as a format - removing flash support from their iTrendy thing whatever it is , I really don't think adobe care too much on that front but I bet they care about the way apple have been bashing them and to be honest I think their some of their criticisms are just silly , let me put this the way I see it.

loads of people are trained in Flash, I even did a computing HND and that was one of the modules not to mention the media people having even more to do with flash for the production of their media content and I don't think that many people would look on too kindly for their skills to become as good as non-existent , I know people who have spent years and years on flash honing their skills , if a format is that widely spread and that widely trained and supported there surely can't be anything fundamentally wrong with it.

Which brings me on to their 2nd point , I am fairly sure apple are quoted as saying that Flash was made for an era of Mouse and Keyboard ... no , I'm sorry ... even though your iTrendy thing may be touch screen or ego controlled but most other formats of computer are still mouse and keyboard controlled , granted that some of it are laptop touch pads but you can get USB mouses if you want a mouse to control it with and anything other than a game in flash would take that in mind because I don't know if anyone reading this has had any formal computer training but you would know to make your interfaces not that awkward in the sheer amount of HCI (Human Computer Interaction/Interface) lectures you get rammed in your face - what if old/disabled/non technology adept people use your technology , etc.

Apple are not the only ones with their iTrendy touchscreen phone stuff too, Microsoft and Google , 2 Companies which I'm sure are bigger than Apple are also making these devices and want to guess what they are using for their interfaces ? you guessed it FLASH.

so not so much of a case of it being bad like they are saying , I think it's a case of jealous rivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment