18 May 2010

New Pokemon


Image found on Danbooru

I don't know what anyone thinks about these new pokemon that have came up but I have to say that I think things have been going down since Red and Blue , I do admit that I do like the Generation 4 starters. Monferno for one does indeed look awesome imo and is a pretty brutal pokemon , I especially love how it can use grass knot to give pokemon like Tyranitar and Rhypeior something to think about.

But this new generation's offering really does look like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. As with every other generation there's the Fire one , the Grass one and the Water one ... but what else did you expect ? although saying that I did hear a rumour that the starters were going to be Dark , Fighting and Psychic this gen but in my opinion at least it was a good idea not to go with that , Imagine having a abra as a starting option in Red (well an abra that knew confusion or something for arguement's sake.) Granted it would do nothing on the dark-type your rival would pick but for the rest of the game seeing as so many pokemon either have a weakness or are not strong anyway against psychic attacks that would probably leave the dark type and fighting type largely unused. Lets have a look at these new starters anyway.

The Grass one is called Tsutaaja (none of the English names have been anounced as of yet). My first impressions of this were that this looked like Grass Cross-breed of Cyndaquil and Buizel but I have to admit this has been a grower on me , if I was asked to pick the starter at this moment in time without seeing the evolutions aside I would pick this one myself.

The Fire one is called Pokabu and from the looks of it it is a fire pig , I'm sure this will end in delicious results, but putting the bacon jokes aside this is the middle one of this gen by the looks of it , it does look like it has to the potential to evolve into something cool (flame bodied annoyed boar maybe ?) but still after 5 gens of design I think this could be better , the only unevolved fire I prefer this to is torchic.

The Grass one is called Mijumaru ... yeah , I don't know about anyone else but this is the one I really don't like of this generation ... it just looks stupid and for the most part it dragged the other two for being in the same lineup as it and from the looks of it 4chan agrees with me. So far there is no hope for this one but hopefully it will evolve into something cool.

Now for the Player Protagonists , all pokemon protagonists are designed to be age 11 which makes no sense when they get to become league champion and overthrow a evil criminal origination such as team rocket. Nintendo have seemed to have taken note of this and bumped them up to wise old experienced age of ... 15 , well it's a start. Maybe within two or three gens we will have player characters that are realistic ages to be leaving home and out on an adventure on their own , but then again there could be a pokemon game where you don't have to sit through hours of tutorials before you get to play the actual game ... yeah , I doubt that is going to happen. The Male character does look better than the Male GenIV Male character but then again that is not saying much really , he does look like a palette-swap gold , just a bit older and the Female , I did not like her at first but like the Grass starter she has grown on me especially since I've seen that she wears shorts , looking at the first pics I thought she just wore and exact copy of the Diamond and Pearl Female outfit and that is what I didn't like ... I mean , 3 years to design and they just throw up the same thing. I admit though that I do like her hair , the wavy look does look good on her.

Meh , enough ranting. I will know if my fears are confirmed or I will be pleasantly surprised soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment