22 June 2010

My Personal Anime Hell (pt1 ?)



Image found on Sankaku Complex

I am writing this out because at the time of writing my net connection has been down for like 8 hours now and I am so bored I am reduced to writing silly blog entries in notepad...

so in the theme of hell I decided to name and some shame animes that I personally hate and what I wouldn't reccomend to anyone ... no matter how desperate you are ( so I'm counting out my personal hates that I know other people like such as Evangelion , pardise kiss and 5cm per second ) , so lets begin

Happy Seven

Just finished this now and I have to say if I had the internet to distract me I would have prob split this into 2 viewings as the net would have distracted me away from this garbage ... so the story goes there are basically 7 magic girls , another magic girl who's powers are dormant ... and a magic boy who everyone wants a piece of because he's a nice guy (you know the type ...) and it's down to them to save the world from ... I didn't really get it , most of it was spent exterminating enemies that had pretty much nothing to do with or loosely related with the bigger picture , yeah I do have to say as much as I don't like Nanoha it stuck to the story and made the characters kinda their own characters instead of cliches and there was only like 3/4 main characters , not like 8/9 in the immeadiate front cast, avoid this , there has been better anime made since this (without the internet I can't look up how old it is but going off the artwork it predates like 90% of the anime I've seen) and avoid this if you can.

EDIT: it was actually made in 2005 , it just looks cheap , I don't think the 4:3 ratio helped it there.

Okusama wa Jouseki (My wife is a highschool girl)

when I read this I thought Onegai Teacher but Genders swapped ... how wrong was I ? Onegai had some humour , Onegai had likeable characters and Onegai wasn't just sheer painful to watch. All this anime boils down to is a young teacher (average nice guy again) and a schoolgirl having to hide the fact they are married while they go to school together ... every girl wants the teacher which makes the schoolgirl extremely jealous (most of her time is spent whining) ... and that is about it really , they try to make it funny but it's just ruined by the unrealistic situation that takes itself too seriously and some characters finding out and being okay with it ... if this was In real life if he gave away as much signals as he did in there he'd be facing a jail sentence before anyone can say PE-DO-PH-IL-A. This was so bad even the subbers (lime) left a message saying that they hoped people liked it as much as they hated subbing it and if you couldn't have just found something better to watch.

Haruhi Second Season

This is Second Season Syndrome at it's finest, Haruhi shows up again after a okay first episode (not quite hitting Season 1 standards but fairly good) Endless Eight happens , then 4 episodes of not much else happens ... then that is all. I just hope the dissapearance movie makes up for it and Endless Eight can be erased from the memory.

as the title says this is a part 1 , may do another one if I can be bothered to.

No comments:

Post a Comment