1 June 2010

New car


Yes my new car is a R reg (that's 1998 I think) Vauxhall Corsa , like the one pictured ... except it's blue ... and the right way up ... at the minute.

had to take some time to get used to the pedals as my old car was very different , my old car being a L red (that's 1994) Purgeot 106. My main nagging complaint with the pedals is that the surface of the clutch pedal feels too slippery and my foot tends to slide across it which when last time I checked is not a good health and safety feature of modern cars , oh but this is balanced out by the accelerator pedal being way too close to the car wall in my opinion so when I push down on the throttle I have to twist my ankle to the left a little and I can see that getting a bit harmful to me on longer journeys and as with the clutch if I twist too fast my foot would slip so yeah may have to do some rally type braking using my left foot on the brake and right on the accelerator and left on the brake if need lol.

My other complaints for this car are there is no power steering , but then again neither did the Purgeot and the in it's defence the Vauxhall's steering does feel much lighter , no central locking ... but neither did the Purgeot , there's a massive dent on the passenger side front door but then again my driver's side back window didn't open on the Purgeot after a dodgy repair job by autoglass. The Vauxhall has that stupid reverse gear change all Vuaxhalls seem to have (well the Vauxhall van I drove had one) and after being used to having the reverse at the bottom-right it will take me a while to adjust to having it on the top-left with a catch again and I can't have keys cut cheaply that means that me and my dad have to share the same key for a while which means I have to leave the house with 2 sets of keys (car and other keys)

The three big things that are good about this are the ride comfort , it feels alot smoother than the Purgeot. The acceleration is much quicker than the Purgeot (tho it still seems to struggle to get past 60-70ish) and it was a cheap car , not as cheap as the Purgeot which I got for £200 but hey £300 isn't too bad for a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment